Saturday, October 1, 2011

Last Hot Day of the Year?

Today was actually quite lovely.  Phoenix and I woke up at about 8:30, laid around for awhile and then went to the bank to deposit my check.  We came home and napped for awhile and then when we got up, we went for our run.  We did the 3.5 mile loop today, which felt extremely difficult, but I pushed it as best I could and did it.  Afterward, my ankles felt kind of wobbly so I sat and read the newspaper at my parents house while I sat with my feet in a bucket of ice water.  After I took them out, they felt like they were made out of glass.

We went home, and I got the hammock out and grabbed my laptop and a glass of champagne and watched a movie outside.  After that I came in and warmed up my leftovers from last night and ate those, then played a little Super Nintendo, and that's where we are now.

Aside from the fact that I'm not in Iowa with my family, attending my cousin's wedding, I'm in a pretty good mood today.  I didn't sleep for shit - I'd sleep for 3-4 hours and then wake up, so when I woke up in the middle of the night, I played some Super NES and went through the music from my old computer that didn't transfer over and spent some time moving my illegally downloaded discographies over.  I feel like I at least accomplished something.

Tonight, I am taking an Ambien with the hopes that I'll be sort of resetting my sleep schedule in preparation for the week.  I have a headache, I'm assuming from dehydration and champagne, so I'm going to take my meds and hop into bed for the night here soon.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment