Friday, October 15, 2010

Just a Regular Ol' Day

About one in three people with panic disorder develops agoraphobia, a condition in which the individual becomes afraid of being in any place or situation where escape might be difficult or help unavailable in the event of a panic attack.*

I haven't got much to write about tonight.  Today went well, no big mood-changing events occurred.  I've still got this stupid cough.  Watching 30 Rock last night helped to lift my spirits exponentially.  Maybe I should tell Tina Fey....

I also discovered that I somehow forgot to take any of my medications on Wednesday night, which explains why I was losing it at literally the drop of a hat yesterday.  I don't know how this happened because I am hyper vigilant about taking my meds since they're all changing right now.  I definitely felt more stable today though.

It has been one week since my birthday celebration and my sister is acting as though nothing happened and while she's usually the grudge-holder of the family, I find myself unable to just drop what happened.  Anyway, I'm going to try very hard to take advantage of what will probably end up being one of the very last gorgeous warm days of this year tomorrow, planning to hit up the farmer's market in Boulder and then go to a tea-tasting at Celestial Seasonings with Jonas and Jamie.  In my opinion, the whole day sounds blessedly fantastic and I'm very excited!!

*Robins LN, Regier DA, eds. Psychiatric disorders in America: the Epidemiologic Catchment Area Study. New York: The Free Press, 1991.  Via "NIMH · The Numbers Count: Mental Disorders in America." NIMH · Home. Web. 15 Oct. 2010. <http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/the-numbers-count-mental-disorders-in-america/index.shtml>.

No comments:

Post a Comment