Friday, October 22, 2010

Yup, I'm Going to Bed Early on a Friday Night, Alone.

Social Phobia, or Social Anxiety Disorder, is an anxiety disorder characterized by overwhelming anxiety and excessive self-consciousness in everyday social situations. Social phobia can be limited to only one type of situation — such as a fear of speaking in formal or informal situations, or eating or drinking in front of others — or, in its most severe form, may be so broad that a person experiences symptoms almost anytime they are around other people.  People with social phobia have a persistent, intense, and chronic fear of being watched and judged by others and being embarrassed or humiliated by their own actions. Their fear may be so severe that it interferes with work or school, and other ordinary activities. Physical symptoms often accompany the intense anxiety of social phobia and include blushing, profuse sweating, trembling, nausea, and difficulty talking.*

I don't feel like writing much tonight.  I'm tired, and it's been a long week.  I haven't been sleeping well, either.  Things at my house are, for lack of a better word, fine at the moment.  My dad came home from Austin where he's been on business all week, and my little sister is down for the weekend.  My older sister has decided to claim my little sister's room as her own from now on, since my little sister lives in Greeley for school, even though she still comes home most weekends.  I have a feeling this may blow up irreversibly this weekend.  Apparently my older sister threw a fit earlier today when she learned my little sister would be coming home today.  

I'm feeling physically much, much better, although I fell asleep last night with a sore throat and woke up with a worse sore throat.  I hope it doesn't get any worse, I can't afford to go to the doctor again.  And I'm prone to throat-type illnesses.  On the plus side, I feel very good about my performance at work the last few days.  That helps my mood in general.

I want to write more about "Dane," because I've got lots to say, but again, I don't feel like it tonight.  I also want to write about former Bestie because I'm only finding myself further disappointed in her lack of effort to preserve our friendship.  Granted, I'm not trying either, but I'm done and she knows it, I've left it in her hands and I'm pretty sure she doesn't care.  I'll go into more detail another day.

*"NIMH · Social Phobia (Social Anxiety Disorder)." NIMH · Home. Web. 22 Oct. 2010. <http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/social-phobia-social-anxiety-disorder/index.shtml>.

No comments:

Post a Comment