Friday, November 5, 2010

I Know Why This Keeps Happening

Although the number of survivors is difficult to calculate, conservative estimates indicate that there are six survivors for every completed suicide. Based on data from 1983 to 2007, we can estimate that the number of survivors in the U.S. is approximately 4.6 million. An estimated 207,588 survivors of suicide were added in 2007.*

I almost got fired today.  After not being able to go to work on Monday, my boss got very mad and then even more upset when I went in on Tuesday and did not address it.  We had a very long discussion, and it was decided that for the next week, I will be on a "trial," while she thinks about whether or not to go ahead and let me go.

I'm really upset by this.  Honestly, I don't feel like rehashing the feelings I've been through today because I'm exhausted from the onslaught of them.  Maybe I will be able to go through it some tomorrow.  This weekend is going to be really rough for me.  I'm feeling as though I'm in crisis mode which I have never addressed on here before which I will plan to address in the near future.  I'm just hoping that my mood does not make Phoenix sick again.

*"CDC - National Center for Health Statistics Homepage." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Web. 12 Oct. 2010. <http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/Default.htm>.  Accessed thru "Suicide Fact Sheets, Stats and Trends." American Association of Suicidology. Web. 12 Oct. 2010. <http://www.suicidology.org/web/guest/stats-and-tools/fact-sheets>.

No comments:

Post a Comment