Monday, December 13, 2010

Tenacious or Just Stubborn?

I'm not going to have time, nor will I want to write tonight.  I'm decorating cupcakes for my mom to take to work for a Bon Voyage party tomorrow for some of her coworkers.  Cake and cupcake decorating is very time-consuming!  It's not just the decorating part, it's the coloring the icing and the cleaning up that takes forever.

I'll put up pictures tomorrow hopefully.

I have things I want to write about and things I've been thinking about ad nauseum, but I think that my thoughts are too cluttered to really be able to sort them out into anything comprehensible right now.

I'm feeling a bit odd lately, too, because I'm not taking advantage of the time I have to myself at work to work on the book I literally want to write - the one I mentioned before that I want to call "My Sister the Sociopath."

I don't know the first thing about writing a book.  I've got a decent grasp of the English language, so I don't think that will be the problem.  I just have so much to write about, so many ideas, and so many things I want to analyze, and I have no idea how to organize all of it.  I want to write about growing up around and living with mental illness myself, but also the depth to which my sister is ill and dealing with all of her life problems from my perspective.  However, I don't want it to be taken out of context by my sister and my parents, because they'll both have a big chunk of content in the book as well.  I don't want them to take massive offense to what I write and I don't want them to think I'm being disrespectful, either, but there will be a certain amount of delicate information about them in this book. 

I guess I'll need to just do some more thinking about it.  I'll get started on it when I'm good and ready.

1 comment:

  1. What about starting with an outline? You can always emphasize the details later.

    ReplyDelete