Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Change in the Weather

As beautiful as the weather was yesterday, was as bad as it was today.  It was slated to be raining and/or snowing today, but I was really hoping it would hold off until after my soccer game, which it did not.  I don't think my ass has ever been so cold.  It was blowing a cold and blustery wind when the game started, and raining very lightly, but then halfway through the first half it started snowing tiny balls of ice (different from hail, believe me), and then proceeded to snow through the entire second half.  I remembered that I (quite luckily) had a hat and heavy gloves in my car from the last time it got really cold, and so I ran to get them at halftime, and that really helped a lot during the second half.  However, I was stuck on defense the entire second half, and with no girl subs, and as I was running down an opposing player, I either tripped, or was tripped up by her feet, and rolled my left ankle.  I heard it pop.  I started walking off the field, very slowly and gingerly, and Rob came up and gave me a piggy-back ride off.  He's such a lovely man.  I had given him my gloves because he looked really cold and my hands were plenty warm, so I think he wanted to do something nice for me.  I feel like he is my brother.  Maybe the brother I never had.  He's really a good guy, I think, and him doing that for me really warmed my heart.

After the game, I went home and changed into some dry sweats and made my self semi-presentable and then headed to Tiffany's son Nolan's birthday party in Westminster.  I got there just in time for cake (yum!) and presents and I even managed to get a hug from Nolan.  He's real adorable.  I didn't stay too long, and grabbed Chipotle on the way out and went to my parents house to grab Phoenix, and went back home.  I could barely stay awake long enough to eat my burrito, and subsequently fell asleep for 3 or 4 hours.  I wanted to wake up in time to watch a show on the National Geographic channel called Eating With The Cannibals, which turned out to be quite disappointing.  They didn't eat a human!  The host found a tribe in Papua New Guinea that has been known to cannibalize from time to time, but they haven't done that since 1993 apparently, and so the host hunted a pig with the tribe, spent some time asking questions about cannibalism and that was it.

So I hopped into the shower and cleaned up all the wet clothes I just stripped off when I got home from soccer, vacuumed up the little rubber pieces that I brought home with me in my socks and shoes, and I am headed off to bed.

As for yesterday's many-hours-long date, he left this morning around 7:30.  After I wrote my blog last night, I was able to fall asleep, and woke up right at 7 when our alarms went off.  He left and I went back to sleep for a few hours before my game.

There have been a few developments in that situation today, but I really don't feel like going into them right now as they upset me very slightly and I've calmed down and would really like to be able to fall asleep without lying there thinking for hours.

I'm coming up on my 6-month mark of writing, so I will be writing a "special" blog for April 5th to sort of reflect on how blogging has changed me.  I'm a tiny bit stressed out about that because I want it to be a good one but I'm worried that I will put it off and put it off while I'm at work tomorrow and Tuesday and then it will be real crap because I won't feel like sitting down and writing for a few hours on Tuesday night.

So until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment