Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Again

I'm not gonna lie; I didn't feel like doing ANYTHING today.  And so I didn't do anything.  I slept most of the day, watched a few movies, and just plain relaxed.  I feel like I've been ridiculously busy lately and I was perfectly okay with not leaving the house today.  I'm so tired of being in my car.

When I got up around 5pm, I ate some leftover chinese food (yum!), and then cleaned.  I scrubbed the bathtub, vacuumed my room and the bathroom floor, I hung up curtains in my room (which look lovely and make me feel like I've changed something in my life to make it less monotonous), and then I cleaned the floorboards in the bathroom which were caked with dust and dirt.  Then I dyed my hair.  It's a really light blond now, but I haven't dried it yet so I don't know exactly how it's going to look, but I didn't do all of it; I kept some of the darker blond to add some dimension to it.

I feel really relaxed.  I wouldn't go so far as to say happy, but maybe close to satisfied.  I am getting back into the mental routine of being single and staying single on purpose.  I'm pampering myself, paying close attention to myself and being really super nice to myself, and it feels pretty good.  Instead of focusing all my energy and attention on finding someone to be my companion I am trusting myself to me companion enough.  And as silly as this sounds, I've moved my diamond ring from my right hand to my left hand in a symbolic commitment to myself.  I am working really hard to use the energy I'd be using on a boyfriend on myself.

And now I'm going back to bed, to be as awesome in my dreams as I am in real life.  While I was sleeping today, I dreamed about Phoenix as a puppy and he was SO cute.  I don't know if it's possible, but I think I love him even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment