Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stomach Bug

As much as I want to write a decent post for what feels like the first time in a while, I am not up for it today.  I got home from work yesterday and my torso felt as though it had been held in a vice - it was throbbing all over.  I was nauseated and every time I moved I thought I might throw up.  I didn't actually throw up until later in the evening, but when I did it was awful, and then I threw up again around midnight.  I still have traces of fever, but my whole body was in pain from the fever last night, right down to my skin.  I felt like just wearing clothes was hurting my skin.  My hips hurt the most - as they do when I have a fever - and they've continued being sore all day today.  I haven't thrown up since last night, but I haven't eaten anything either, except for literally like 5 croutons a few minutes ago and I've had nothing but water all day.

I texted my parents last night to tell them I was sick, and my dad texted me back to say that my mom was sick too, and had left work early.  I wish I could have left work early yesterday because I felt like shit.  I am really proud of myself for sticking it out, though.  I had every intention of going to work today, but around 7:30 last night when I thought I would never feel any better, I called my boss to tell her I was sick, and she proceeded to make me feel extremely guilty because we don't have anyone to cover the desk for me when I can't be there.  Which is in no way my fault, and neither is my being sick, although I still feel exceptional guilt about it.

I felt much better when I woke up around 11 this morning, and I'm such an anal retentive person that I had to get up and vacuum the mud chunks from my floor and bed that the dogs have brought in over the last few days.  At one point I noticed the vacuum wasn't actually sucking, so I had to take it apart and put it back together.  That pretty much used up all my energy and I just woke up from a three-hour nap.

I hate being sick.  I don't think there are many people who like it, but I have worked so hard to sustain the illusion of my reliability and dependability at work that I worry that being sick ruins all that.  There's nothing I can do about it at this point, though, so I am going to try not to worry about it.  I'm off tomorrow and won't be talked into working since I'm already working Friday.  I threw up my meds last night, so I am already feeling a tad crappier than I would normally be feeling coming off a stomach bug, so I'm going to take it SUPER easy tonight.  It doesn't help that now I have a bit of an appetite back but no food in the house to eat and no energy or money to go get any food that won't trigger another upset stomach, so I may have to trek over to my parents house at some point and eat their food.

Just ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment