Thursday, August 18, 2011


I'm so ridiculously tired.  It has been a long, long day.  I woke up around 9am, and upon waking up checked to see if my refund from the excess money from my student grants and loans had come through, and they had.  So I got going right away.  Went to my parents house.  Gave them $1600.  Went on a 3.5 mile run in the 95 degree heat with Phoenix.  Came back, hosed him off and sat down and attempted to rehydrate for about half an hour.  Decided it would be a good idea to go to Walmart, except that when I got into the store, I get really light-headed and began sweating profusely, despite the high air-conditioning, so I did my shopping and research as quickly as I could and then went home to eat.  I assumed my almost passing out was because of the fact that I hadn't had anything to eat yet.  So I ate, and by the time I knew it, it was time for my dentist appointment.  That took about two hours.  Turns out I have mild gingivitis in my upper molars and some plaque and tartar in my lower incisors, and a tiny cavity in an upper cuspid.  That might be my best dental checkup ever.  It's going to cost me about $600 to get my teeth cleaned because they want to scrape below the gums, inject antibiotics and then give me a laser treatment, just in three areas of my mouth.  The rest of it is okay, I guess.  I may or may not let them do that.

When I got home, my parents had returned from their Ikea journey.  They went to the new Ikea store in Centennial to get my little sister a bedframe.  They also got me two little "nightstands" which were $15 each, and are basically just little wood  boxes without two of the sides.  It's really all I needed.  After that I took my dad with me to price and browse laptops, because that is something that I really need and can now afford.  He told me I needed to do a little more research on the specific laptop with all the "bells and whistles" that I want, so that's what I'll be doing at work tomorrow.  Then I grabbed some alcohol from Total Beverage, which might be my favorite store on the planet (they have green apple Four Loko!).  We went home, I helped my mom get dinner ready, and my parents and I just sat and talked for about 45 minutes, drinking and shooting the shit.  It was glorious.  It just felt nice to have some intelligent conversation.

I left a little while after dinner, assuming I would be going home, putting together my new Ikea stuff and relaxing, but right as I was finishing one of the nightstands, Meredi asked me if I wanted to go to the dog park.  Phoenix hasn't been there since before my trip, so I said yes.  We spent about an hour there, left just after dark, and got ice cream.  I got something called Peanut Butter Blast which had cookie dough and peanut butter cups in peanut butter ice cream.  I'm not a peanutty person, but this was really good, so I got a cone.

And now I'm home.  Today was pretty much one of the best days ever.  Apparently I need to be busy all day in order to retain any semblance of a good mood, and I'm mostly okay with that.  It makes sense that I'd get done with work and be grumpy.

Now I have to go hop in the shower and shave my legs so I can get to bed.  I guess today is another day that I don't do ab work.  I blame Meredi for this one.  Overall - great day.  I could use more like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment