Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globes Night!!!!

I think it's real.  I think my life has changed.  I'm not sure if it is just that my attitude has changed, or my outlook on life (I don't think it's my outlook - I've always been a positive person for the most part).  Things (despite yesterday's events) are going very well for me.  I went shopping today to get some new pants for work, and I was talked into applying for a Kohl's charge card, and was approved.  I've applied for it a few other times before, but I've always been declined.  I was literally shocked when the lady told me that I'd been approved.  I didn't think I'd be.  She made a good argument for why I should go ahead and apply, too.  She said that she uses her card for purchases and then immediately goes and pays the balance before she leaves the store.  That sounds like something I could do.  I hope that I can responsibly use the card that way.  The credit limit is only $300, and I'd really like to keep it low so that I'm not tempted to spend money I don't have.  I think I'll be okay.

What this means to me is that my credit situation has actually begun to resolve itself.  I paid off all the medical bills I'd had that had gone to collections with my tax return from last year, and it's the best decision I've ever made.  I've been extremely responsible with my money over the course of the last year, considering my financial history (and not counting like a zillion overdraft fees), and it's beginning to pay off.  I can hardly believe it.

I feel at ease with my financial situation for the first time since I found out that I had a ridiculous debt at CU.  I know that it was not ultimately my money that made that one go away, but I'm thankful that my dad made it a priority.  If there was anything I'd have asked of my parents, it would have been for them to pay my CU debt off so that I could return to school and finish my degree and get on with my life.  I can't begin to thank them enough.

Okay.  The Golden Globes are on tonight, and I forced my family to watch them during dinner, and I would really like to give them my full attention now.  I dreamed last night that my job (my actual job in real life) allowed me to go to both the Golden Globes and the Oscars and I felt very excited but also very satisfied.  It was as though my every wish had been fulfilled and I could stop wishing for things.  It was a terribly interesting feeling that I'd love to replicate in my waking life.  I know that I'm getting closer to that but I also know that I have a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment