Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Never Underestimate the Power of a Good Cry and a Good Night's Sleep

I feel much better today.  It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do.  When I got home last night, I lost it.  Sobbed like a baby.  I have no idea why.  It wasn't for any one specific reason that I can put my finger on.  After that, I ate dinner with my family, and played with the kids briefly and was in bed by 7:45.

I woke up this morning at 5 when Phoenix hopped off my bed to go hang out with Lucky and Duke, my sister's dogs.  I got up at a quarter to six and felt rested.  I didn't have any trouble staying awake at work today, and I felt that that fact alone is what made time move by faster than yesterday.

Nothing much else to report today, aside from a few annoyances about work.  Apparently some people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom (the coworker with whom I share my desk, the phone, etc.).  Many, many people call places and don't listen to how the phone is answered.  I can't tell you how many times today I answered the phone and had someone ask for someone, and when I say that there's no one by that name at this business, they go, "Oh, isn't this ____?"  I want so badly to say, "NO!  Didn't you listen to how I answered the phone?!?!  IDIOT!!"  But I don't.  I'm also tired of coming up with creative ways to tell people that I'm the equivalent of an answering service and don't actually work for the company they are calling.  I cringe every time someone says "Well, maybe you can help me..." because I know that I can't.  Not that I hate my job, because I don't.  I'm unbelievably lucky to have a job, and one that allows me such freedom, and one that pays me relatively well.  Everyone has things about their job they don't like; those are just a few of mine.

So, I'm off tomorrow, and really excited about it.  I doubt I will get to sleep in much being that the kiddos' biological clocks require them to wake up no later than 6am and be as noisy as possible, but I'll try.  If nothing else, maybe I can get some straightening up of my life done tomorrow.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment