Thursday, January 6, 2011

Within the Confines of the Mind

Not much to report thus far today, and I'm making a point of writing at work because I don't want to have to worry about it later tonight when I'm trying to relax.  My sister had court today, but I don't know what will have happened.  I got up this morning at 5:45, to dogs and kids, as usual.  I miss the days of tranquil, peaceful mornings where I didn't have to do three things at a time while I'm getting ready for work in the morning.  The kids came in and hung out with me because their mom and my parents were all still asleep.  I didn't mind that too much.  They played around on my computer, as H said "singing (sending) email", and "checking email" from their girlfriends Rash and Lay.  These are their invisible, made up girlfriends that they like to talk about.  I guess all of this is just preparing me for the days when I'll have my own kids to juggle while I'm trying to get ready for work.  Assuming I should ever have kids.

I'm thrilled that today is my Friday.  I feel like this week has been exceptionally long and I could use some down time without the kids and I think we're not getting them back until Sunday.  I hope.  I love them so much, but they suck all the energy out of my body.  All I seem to want to do when they're not around is NOTHING.  Which sucks because on my days off I have less guilt about going and doing things and not sticking around the house to help, or to be there with Phoenix so he won't feel so weird.  The good thing about Thursdays is that my mom is home all day, and she'll make sure that P doesn't get overlooked all day.  Mondays and Tuesdays are a different story.  I hate leaving him home all day those days especially if the kids are there because that increases the amount of stress and tension in the house exponentially.

I might be hanging out with New Guy tomorrow.  It's been a week since I've seen him, but we've been talking on and off.  I've sort of figured out what's going on with him.  He likes me, but he's not actively pursuing me right now.  He likes hanging out with me and spending time with me, but his life is the most important thing to him right now, and I'm totally okay with that.  Tiffany talks to him, and she has told me that he's just taking things super slow with me, and I'm also totally okay with that.  Slow is fine.  Besides, I haven't made up my mind about him, either. 

Agenda for tonight: Alcoholic beverage with dinner, whatever that may be (hoping for nothing fancy).  Lay around watching crappy TV.  Shower.  Deep and restful sleep.  Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment