Sunday, January 30, 2011

Production

Whew!  Today was pretty good.  I'm exhausted; I didn't take a nap, which is slightly unusual for one of my days off.  I spent the entire day at my parents' house.  I took Phoenix and Lucky to the dog park and I took the boys with me.  I guess they've been sick with some bug that gives them a headache and a fever, so poor little H wasn't thrilled with being outside for that hour.  He was really whiny and kept expressing worry over losing the dogs since they kept running off.  It was really good exercise for the dogs, though, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous today, so all the more reason to get outside.  The dogs went in the pond, which was half iced-over and completely full of mud, so when we got home, I had to give both Lucky and Phoenix a bath.  I took them outside to brush them off in the sun so they'd be warm while they dried, and after that I sat out with all three dogs while they chewed on rawhides and I read my book.  Then I vacuumed out my car and wiped off all the mud (with help from Z), and then searched craigslist for a house to move into.  By then it was dinnertime and we sat down to eat what was my first substantial meal in a week.

It's my own fault I haven't been eating.  I haven't had money to buy food and I don't like the idea of living off of the food that Tiffany and her hubby buy for themselves and their kids.  It's hard enough for them to support themselves and their family without throwing another adult into the mix.  I am hoping that my parents find it a little less burdensome financially now that they don't have to pay for food for me.

I came back to the house and decided to take a soak in the hot tub (yup, there's a hot tub here!), and they've got a TV set up out there, so I brought my DVD player out along with some Mike's Hard Lemonade and just swam around in the steamy goodness for awhile.

Remember "Dane"/"Kale"?  I have been talking to him on and off, so I'd invited him to come over to the house and sit in the tub with me and catch up since I had the house to myself.  He came over and we sat and caught up for a few hours whilst drinking.  It was lovely.  He works for Comcast, and I had mentioned to him that I couldn't get the wireless router working so he offered to take a look at it, which ended in him getting it set up and configured for me in no time at all.  And so I am typing this in my bedroom.

I love feeling efficient and productive.  I feel like I properly interacted with my family, my nephews and the dogs today, as well as a friend with whom I'd like to spend more time.  I am currently staying up late to get my laundry done so as not to be in the way of the family's normal laundry routine, but I can sleep in tomorrow and laze around for at least the better part of the morning.  And Phoenix is exhausted.  I feel good about allowing him time to socialize today as well as get a good amount of exercise.  When the weather is gorgeous like it was today, I feel like things are that much easier for me.  Having 60 degree temperatures in January is by no means odd in Colorado, especially considering that it is forecasted to snow and drop down to around 0 degrees Fahrenheit this coming week, but a glimpse of the beauty that the spring and summer weather offer in the dead of winter is terribly refreshing.  People are out in DROVES.  It is fantastic.

Given that I was really busy today, I didn't have much time to sit around and think, and I like that.  Any day when I can maximally escape mentally from my normal thought cycles and routines is highly welcome.  I think tomorrow might be a little tough for me, but now that I've got internet access in my room I'll have more of an opportunity to feel a bit more normal.

As for my craigslist search, I may have found a place to live.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it looks like a great opportunity for a good situation in an ideal location in a part of Boulder I've never lived in before, but a place I'd be super excited to get a chance to live.  It's literally right on Chataqua Park, which is literally at the foot of the Flatirons.  I hope that it works out, but like I said I'm trying not to be overly hopeful to minimize the disappointment I have a high chance of feeling if it shouldn't turn out like I want.

I'm so tired but I love feeling exhausted like this.  It means that I got the most out of my day, and I don't feel that way very often.  It sure beats the days when I've spent the better part of my time in or on my bed watching movies or whatever.  I don't think I'll have too many of those days in my future (I hope), because I'm slowly re-integrating myself into the world as though I've been hibernating for several years.  It's glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment