Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Being Tattled On, Part Whatever

Yikes.  I'm in a mood today.  I don't know how exactly to categorize this mood.  I think it's a little bit of everything.

Last night, just like the last 15 nights or something, I didn't sleep well.  Awoke every so often, to turn over, change positions, something.  I didn't get up to let Phoenix out of the room when Meredi came home.  I stuck cotton in my ears, but I found it more annoying than comforting.  Every time I woke up, I was annoyed that I couldn't hear very well, and that I didn't know what was going on around me.

I heard Meredi get up and leave around 4am, and finally fell back asleep after that and got into a deep sleep.  I know this because I was dreaming really vividly about getting married. 

Otherwise, I was in a pretty decent mood this morning.  I stopped and got some sugar cookies for breakfast from what used to be Paradise Bakery and is now Woody Creek.  They're my absolute favorite cookies in the whole world.  They've got sprinkles on them and they're the perfect combination of soft and crunchy.

I got in to work and did my morning routine, and Carol, the owner of the cleaning company that cleans the building came in to talk to me.  She likes to come in and converse with me in the mornings, and she's a really nice lady.  The first thing she told me was that Anna had reprimanded her yesterday for opening the door for people to come in before 8am.  I am so fed up with Anna.  I had notes on my desk this morning telling me that she'd ordered coffee (I totally meant to on Monday but then completely spaced it as soon as I got up the stairs from making the damn coffee), and that I'd added up my hours wrong on my timesheet.

So then I turned on the computer and opened my email just like I always do, and I had an email from my boss telling me that I hadn't locked the cabinet on Monday night, nor had I turned the light in the conference room off.  Anna tattled on me.  Again.  Except, instead of checking to see if there was a tenant in the conference room on Monday night (there was, from 7-10), she immediately blamed me.  Fucking bitch!  So when my boss got in today, I told her that Anna has left the cabinet open a few times and I didn't go running right to her, and that a tenant had left the light on in the conference room and that I don't appreciate being blamed for that.  I take great pride in my work, I am not given many duties, and so I try really hard to remember and do everything correctly.  Also, I want to be able to retrace my steps and prove that Anna is wrong in blaming me for things I didn't do.

Ugh!  I hate how she makes me feel!!  Carol told me that the new 1st Bank that's opened up down the street is hiring, so I am going to look into that.  I really want to tell Barbara that I am sick of working with Anna, and how she is making my job uncomfortable and that if Barb doesn't start looking for a replacement for her, that I'm going to start looking for other work.  Even though I sort of already am.  But I refuse to put up with this kind of petty shit at work.  Even though I'm going to have to put up with it pretty much no matter where I am. 

So that's where I am right now.  Also, tired.  Felt the drag of good sleep and am totally craving it now.  And that dream was SO real.  I remember teeny tiny details about it.  I remember that I was supposed to be marrying a kid I grew up with but am not in contact with anymore.  I knew I shouldn't be marrying him because I didn't know him, in the dream.  Brian had shown up to the wedding, and I knew that I'd invited him out of politeness earlier (although when, I have no idea), and he was all involved and interested in helping out, and he was trying to make sure I had my something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.  It was creepy, and he mentioned his "wife," who I knew was Bryn, but I didn't like it.  Then there was a brief moment when the dream switched over, and I was watching Kate put her stuff down on a beautiful beach, with her kiddo, and she was telling me about how the beach was deserted.  It was like I was watching a live video feed or something.  Then my alarm went off.

So this may be my only post for the day, as long as nothing catastrophic happens that sends me into a downward spiral of some kind.  We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment