Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pop-Pop Passed Away

My grandpa died yesterday evening, a few hours after being taken off life-support. I cried a lot when my dad called to tell me. I'm okay now.

I'm in bed right now. I didn't go to school again today because I had a lot of stuff to do before my trip tomorrow. I can make everything up, though. I emailed all my teachers.

Turns out my grandpa wrote my mom and uncle out of his will and left everything to Wilma. This will be a major point of contention, I think. They're planning to see an attorney because theres something in the prenuptial agreement about leaving everything to their kids or something.

The funeral is on Saturday at 1pm with refreshments to follow at the American Legion he belonged to. As former military he's getting military honors or something. He's being cremated. I asked to have his military medals and stuff.

So I have to get up at about 2am for my 6am flight. I'm a little more practiced at getting to the airport since this is my second trip out east in a month.

I have no idea what to expect when I get there. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment