Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And So It Begins

This is going to have to be a short one.  I have a ton of reading to do (45 pages of Criminology and 40 pages of Sex, Gender & Society), plus the second half of a podcast lecture to watch for Criminology.  I simply refuse to get behind.  REFUSE.  This is the only way that I'm going to make it through these classes - if I stay on top of my shit.  I can probably finish whatever I don't get to tonight at work tomorrow morning, but I don't want to rely on that.  If I start putting things off, I will only continue to put things off and that's the best way for me to fail.

Today wasn't as beautiful - weather-wise - as yesterday, but I did get 45 minutes in the sun between work and class.  I had a little bit of trouble staying alert in class, too, which concerns me a little.  I was ultimately able to keep up and participate, but I didn't like feeling that teensy bit of boredom.

After school, I grabbed Phoenix, and ran to my parents house to get my refund check from my grants and loans from CU to take to the bank.  I now have all kinds of money, but I would very much like to keep it all where it is.  In the bank.

I ate dinner with my sister and the kiddos - it seems to be quite a bit less chaotic without my parents there, interestingly - and then came home.  I have now paid rent, utilities in advance, paid Linda for two months of internet, and paid my mom back for the $200 she gave me on Saturday.

I also broke things off with Boyfriend.  There's a lot to write about here, and I want to give it the attention it deserves, so I can't write about it now.  Suffice it to say that it didn't feel right - and that's all I'll say on that for now.  Hopefully I will write more about it this weekend.  Also, I feel like an ass.  A real giant ass.  I should have listened to my instincts and not let it go as far as it did, but what's done is done and now I have to live with my decisions.

So.  Time to get back to homework.  Mantra for the next 10 weeks or so is: "Don't get behind."  I'm looking at this as an extra challenge, in addition to writing the blog, taking care of my dog and myself and working all at the same time.  I'm hopeful still.

Oh, and Anna is a bitch.  She pissed me off today.  I ran downstairs to put a dish in the dishwasher and I came back upstairs and she was standing there, and admonished me for not using the little "receptionist is away from the desk..." sign because someone apparently came in to drop off a check and got "all flustered" when there wasn't anyone at the desk.  What-fucking-ever.  She takes everything so goddamn seriously!  I can't imagine what her life must be like when she's not at work.  She acts like she's so together and never forgets anything, but I've seen what's behind the curtain and I know she's far from perfect.  Jesus, I'm closer to perfect than she is.

Fuck.  I still have to shower tonight.  I am going to be SO tired tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment