Saturday, June 11, 2011

...le sigh...

I felt quite seriously happy and contented today.  I kind of want to just leave it at that.  But we all know I'm not going to.

I didn't sleep well at all, I didn't fall asleep until after 1am, and then woke up at 9 this morning to a male voice in our house.  It was neighbor Braden, he just came to see Meredi for a little while.  But I was wide awake at that point.  So I got myself some ice cream and watched some TV for an hour.  I fell asleep again around 10:30 and made a point to wake up around 1pm at the latest because I knew my sister wanted me to re-dye her hair today.  That was all I absolutely HAD to do today, but I also went to TJ Maxx (finally) to get a pair of shoes for work - which are way cute - and a new pair of sunglasses.

I visited with my parents and the kiddos for awhile, and ran to the liquor store for my dad.  My dad is a funny guy.  He really likes the neighbor across the street and his wife. Their names are Charlie and Kathy, and Vanessa, their daughter has been friends with my little sister for years and years.  Since they were teeny tiny kiddos.  They're still friends now, and planning to live together this fall up in Greeley (which I love.  Everyone should have a best friend like that for that long).  Anyway, we forewent the steak tonight, which was okay with me because I sort of just wanted to not have to do much this afternoon.  So after TJ Maxx, and hanging out with the kiddos and the run to the liquor store, my sister and I came back to my house and I redid her hair.  It came out pretty good, although all I saw was it wet, so I don't know how it will look dried.  After she left, I sat and talked with Linda for awhile, while mooking Rainey, and then came upstairs and dozed off.

I've never seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but it's on TV right now.  It's on the AFI's top 100 movies list so I'm making a point of watching it.  So far, so good.  I'm going to go wash my face and get ready for bed.  I love feeling this relaxed and tranquil.  I haven't really given any thought to my life's circumstances today, and I quite like it that way.  I'm making the most of this off time I have this weekend, because this next week is going to be equally as tough as the last one, and I still have three more just like it.  I'm not going to waste my time being upset or worried or whatever.  It's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment