Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Having Trouble Titling This Post

So I kind of took it easy today.  I didn't do all the stuff I had planned to do, but I still feel like I accomplished some stuff.  I got up at 9 this morning (amazingly, without my phone) and grabbed some donuts.  I don't know what my obsession is lately, but I can't seem to get enough of them.  Anyway, I got home and went back to sleep for a little while.  I did grab my sister's dogs from my parents house and took them to the dog park.  It was just as awesome as yesterday.  Phoenix swam a little today, too.  Because my sister dropped her kids off with their dad early today - on her way to work - I just dropped the dogs off at her ex's house since it's close to my house.  It was kind of awkward because Phoenix and Lucky and Duke got out of the car and ran off (the house is on a bit of land) and I couldn't call them back to me, and they were put in the backyard with the other dog that lives there, DC.  So I had to stay a few minutes longer than I wanted to.

Phoenix and I went home and relaxed for awhile.  I decided that I needed to get going so I ran to the store to get some soda for the week and got a little bit of food (best time to go to the store is when you're not hungry) and when I came home I finished the reading for class (Sex, Gender & Society, heretofore abbreviated as SGS).  When I couldn't fall asleep right away last night I got online and looked at what kind of work I have to do this week for Criminology and it turns out that the one of the two books I picked up for class at the CU Bookstore (which were shrink-wrapped together)(by the publisher, apparently) is actually the wrong book.  The one I'm supposed to have is a sort of abridged version of the book I got (and most of my classmates got, I guess), so I have sort of stopped reading just because I don't want to have read like 50 of the wrong pages. I'm not too worried about getting caught up because I really enjoy the Criminology reading.  So I'll check the bookstore tomorrow to see if they'll refund me since it was the bookstore's mistake and try to get the book I'm supposed to have.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about where I am, considering that I didn't really spend a ton of time on homework this weekend.  I got my paper back from Friday, and I got an 80% on it.  I am just a smidge worried about the grading for Criminology because the TA is actually a person that I know and have known for awhile.  We're not "friends," so much as acquaintances, but I worry a little about her grading my papers.  I knew she was a Sociology/Criminology grad student at CU but I had no idea she'd be the TA for this class.  I just don't want her reading my stuff and going, "Wow, she's a lot dumber than she looks!"  Or, conversely, "She really is as dumb as she looks!"

Wow, I just looked in the mirror and my hair is a lot shorter than I wanted.  Oh well.  I'm fine with it, I guess. There's not much I can do about it now.  We'll see how it looks when I actually do it tomorrow.

I'm watching I Love You, Man, which is definitely on my list of most favorite movies of all time, and I'm waiting for some tater-tots to come out of the oven.  This might be my most favorite weekend ever.  Hopefully this week goes equally as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment