Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Addict's Mantra

Same as yesterday. I'm so exhausted. I gotta get through tomorrow and then I've got one week left. Next week I have two tests, a final, a paper due and a group presentation. That. Is going to suck. Not looking forward to it. In order to make my life easier, I'm going to get the paper done over the weekend. But I've been trying to use the weekend to give myself a break, so it's going to be hard to get motivated to keep working. I'm really proud of myself because at any time during the last month, I could have chosen not to do a discussion or an assignment for Criminology - and the thought has crossed my mind - but I know that the moment I start slacking will be the moment it all goes down the tubes. I felt a little overwhelmed yesterday when I was looking at the rest of the week's assignments. I've been doing really well at sort of taking it all one day at a time so as not to overwhelm myself and that's been tough because I'm such a future-oriented person. It's been kind of refreshing to do it this way, though.

And now it's sleepytime. It's frigging hot up here tonight but I feel like my eyes are crossing from exhaustion. Here's hoping I use the next three days to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment