Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hot and Sunny, Just the Way I Like It

Good grief.  I'm just as exhausted today as I was at the end of the day yesterday!  I finally got up and going at 12:30.  Got Phoenix ready and went to my parents house to pick up Lucky for the dog park.  I really wanted to take Duke, too, but he's broken and I didn't want to make it any worse.  It was HOT.  I threw the ball for Lucky what felt like a few hundred times, Phoenix sniffed and chased and jumped into the water a few times.  The dog park is definitely one of my favorite places on Earth.  We stayed for about an hour and left.  When we got back to our neighborhood, I saw that one of the neighbors down the street had a big pile of wood out front with a FREE sign, so I told my parents about it (they're always looking for ways not to have to pay for firewood in the winter - and they have lots of fires in the winter), and they were going to go down and get it, but I volunteered to take the truck down and load it all up, so I did that.  I felt like that was my good deed for the day, sort of made up for being a lazy-ass last weekend.  When I got back, I hopped into the kiddie pool with Z and S, and let them splash me until I was totally drenched, then I made myself a whiskey sour and laid down on the deck to dry off.  For the rest of the afternoon, I just hung out with the kids and my parents.  We had a delicious steak dinner where I ate WAY too much, helped get the baby ready for bed and then we left.

The kiddos are just about always a lot of fun.  When we got back from the dog park, H was still sleeping and needed to be woke up, so I went in there and tried to get him up but he is easily the grumpiest and most unpleasant person when he wakes up and it is SO cute.  I sort of nibbled on his arm, and he yells at me "Your sister is going to wash your mouth out with soap!!" because that's the rule when they bite.  I told him I was just nibbling on him because he's yummy, and he yelled, "I'M NOT YUMMY!!"  But he really is.  He's such a cute little guy.  When we were watching Jeopardy during dinner, there was a category about Bob, from SNL, and H and my dad were just cracking up watching it.  It was glorious to see how similar they are to each other.  So I feel pretty good from getting to hang out with them.  It's getting easier.

I'm pretty tired, though, from the dog park and the sun and playing and drinking.  And I have to get up tomorrow and go over and babysit while my sister works and my mom takes my dad to the airport.  Then I plan to spend a few hours at the library doing research for my paper for SGS.  I'm a little worried about it, but I'm going to try to calm down by just getting it done and out of the way.  The only issue I can foresee is that I don't have a laptop to take to the library with me, so I'm not sure how I'm going to make it work.  But hopefully I'll get it figured out.  So it's good night for now.  Hopefully I can get to sleep in this heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment