Saturday, June 4, 2011

Glorious, Glorious Weekends

Today was great.  Wait.  GREAT.  I slept in until about 11:30 this morning, after going to bed around 8:15 last night.  When I woke up I felt sooo refreshed.  I messed around for a little while, watched some TV and took a shower.  I wanted to take Phoenix to the dog park, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and then I had the idea to bring Lucky and Duke with me, so I called my parents house to see if my sister might be around to go with me because I was a little nervous about bringing them when I wasn't entirely able to control their behavior.  My sister had taken the boys to the movies, and so I talked with my dad a little about taking all three dogs and we decided I could probably handle it with no problem.  So I went to my parents house, grabbed a couple of towels, filled up a jug with water and we left.

There were lots of dogs there, and we went straight to the pond, and Lucky and Duke just jumped right in.  Lucky found a tennis ball, and I threw it for her and Duke for an hour.  Phoenix would go in and out of the water, but never so far as he couldn't reach until about 45 minutes in, when Lucky and Duke were swimming back to me, Phoenix got over excited and wanted to meet them so he went in, all the way!!  He panicked a little and tried hopping around but then sort of realized he could still move around, and then he came back onto the shore.  I was so excited!!  We stayed for a little while longer, and I threw the ball a few more times, and when we got outside the fence, I dried everyone off and we went on our way!!  Phoenix had gone in the water much deeper a few more times, and Lucky and Duke were absolutely exhausted.  We went back to my parents house and I sat outside with everyone for a little while, but then left again to go get my hair cut and to go to TJ Maxx to get some shoes and sunglasses.  I ended up getting my hair cut, but by the time I got out of there it was 4:30 and I wanted to get back home to hang out and eat.

I ate dinner over there, and my steak was perfect.  I helped clean up and then was out of there.  All day today, I have been shaky.  I feel like my blood sugar is low.  I felt that way when I left the house today, but I just attributed it to not having eaten for like 16 hours and so I planned to eat and drink some really glucose-rich stuff to boost it.  That definitely helped, because I stopped being shaky, but I still felt really low on energy.  That has continued all day today.  Even now, I'm back to being shaky.  I don't know what the deal is because I haven't felt that way for a couple of weeks.  I thought it might be my meds, but I don't really know why or which one.  So I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

I am planning to go back to the dog park tomorrow.  Lucky and Duke need the exercise and I want Phoenix to get some more practice swimming.  I also want to go do that shopping, and I'd like to get some groceries.  But I need to get caught up on my reading, too.  So I'm going to just have to play tomorrow by ear.  I like it being the weekend, and I like feeling so free compared to feeling so buckled down during the week, and I love that I slept so long last night and woke up feeling so refreshed.  I feel like my life has purpose, and like I can't just lie in bed all weekend because I have so much to get caught up from during the week.  It's really great.  I'm just the tiniest bit nervous about getting caught up on reading, but I have confidence that I can get it done.

I really wanted to write about Boyfriend and everything that happened last weekend and at the beginning of the week, but I want to get into bed now so that I can get going earlier tomorrow.  I don't know when I'll be able to address that, but I fully intend to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment