Monday, February 14, 2011

The BIG MOVE

Welp, it finally happened.  I forgot to post anything yesterday.  In my defense, I spent the entire day yesterday moving into my new place and unpacking.  I was so exhausted by 7:00pm I could hardly keep my eyes open.

However, the move went great.  It took me quite awhile to get all my crap moved in, and I still have stuff I need to get out of storage, but Phoenix and I spent our first night there and it was great!  I have two female roommates, named Meredi and Linda.  They're both about my age.  Meredi works for a catering company and is getting her Masters in Social Work, and Linda is a kindergarten teacher for Denver Public Schools.  They each have their own dog, so Phoenix has two new roommates as well.  I would guess that they're both mixed breeds, Meredi's dog's name is Nala (I think), and Linda's dog is named Ramey (name and spelling I'm not entirely sure of yet).  Phoenix and Nala(?) get along great, they really like to play, but Phoenix actually snapped at Ramey(?) last night so I think they're going to need some time to get used to one another.

I left Phoenix at the house today and I'm pretty nervous about it.  I'm sure everything will be fine, but you just never know.  Yesterday when my mom and I were moving stuff into the house, I put Phoenix out in the backyard with Nala(?), and he jumped the fence.  Twice.  The fence is a good 6'-8' tall, but that dog can spring like a bunny when he wants to.  I left a note in case anyone should be at home today (I don't know either of my roommates' schedules yet, although I can take a guess at Linda's) not to just let him outside and walk away because he will know I'm not in the house and jump the fence to try to go looking for me.  I'm totally fine with him being inside the house all day.  It's just going to take him some time to get used to the fact that we are living there now and not anywhere else. 

So I'm posting this now, on Monday morning, in lieu of posting last night.  I'll post again either before I leave work or once I get home.  I just don't have the wireless network key there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment