Monday, February 14, 2011

The Initials Are V.D. For A Reason

So far, I have not received any phone calls or text messages alerting me to the fact that Phoenix has gotten out of the back yard or the house.  That's a plus!  I have to assume that either no one has convinced him to get close enough to look at his tags yet, or he's still in the house.  I'm hoping it's the latter.  I plan to RUSH home as fast as possible to get to him.  Then later tonight I have to do some shopping for household items like things with which to clean.  I wish I had enough money to buy a new vacuum and a flat-panel TV.  I got my tax-return AND my big paycheck from working almost 50 hours last week, so I have quite a bit of money to look at.  I say look at, and not spend, because I'd like to be ahead on my rent each month, so that I'm paying only half of it with the paycheck I receive on the first of the month, and the other half with the previous month's pay.  Now is going to be my only opportunity to make that happen.  So I will look at the money I have in my bank account and not spend it unless I know that I will be able to pay for everything I need to pay for (including paying off medical bills and getting an eye exam and new contacts). 

I should probably mention that I have begun communicating with someone from the free dating site.  He's just over 10 years older than me, he's fair-haired (and hopefully light-eyed), and so far, he spells everything out via text message AND he spells everything correctly.  I think he looks similar to Former Bestie's flame.  So, needless to say, I like him already.  He's smart, too.  Right now he's at CU getting an MBA, and also working for Level 3 Communications.  We haven't met in person yet, nor do we have any plans to meet (as of this moment), but I'm trying to get something planned so that I can finally decide whether or not he's someone I'd like to keep around.  Being fully aware of how I feel about people and making decisions about the relationships I have, I know that I will be able to tell fairly quickly whether or not I want to keep talking to this guy. 

He brought it to my attention today that I am kind of bitter about Valentine's Day, which I guess I am.  I haven't had someone to celebrate Valentine's Day with since 2006, and even then things were at the beginning of the end with Brian so it wasn't all that pleasant.  I'm just sort of anti-relationship at this point because I have been told so many times recently that I'm not someone they want to date but they'd love to be friends with me.  I'm guilty enough of having said that to guys, too, and I try to be good to my word about staying friends with them (look at my friendship with Jonas!).  I like to stay friends with guys I've dated, even if I don't have a romantic interest in them, because more often than not there is some quality about them that drew me to them in the first place, and I am all about making new friends and maintaining and nurturing friendships at this point in my life.  However, I have been very apprehensive about dating because I tend to be hurt when a guy inevitably tells me that he just wants to be friends and I am very protective of my feelings right now.  I don't feel like having to put myself back together again.

And so I'm attempting to be very relaxed about my communication with this guy to prevent the drama which often follows.  I'm excited, but not all that excited.  More nervous than anything.  But keeping my shit together.  And it feels good to have control over that.

So Happy Valentine's Day to all that have significant others in their lives with which to celebrate, and Happy Single's Reminder Day to all that don't.  I'm one of the latter, and I am pretty sure that I'm deciding I don't like Valentine's Day at all.  If I could, I'd buy Phoenix gifts for today since he is my love, but he already has SO MUCH stuff that I spoil him with.  And he has two new friends who are a risk for taking his gifts.

I can't believe that it's almost 5pm and it's still light outside.  That warms my soul!  Also warming my soul is the fact that I am in possession of enough money to maintain a fairly comfortable lifestyle, I have a job with which to continue making money, and I have a roof over my head and a room that is not in a location that my sister has access to.  Did I just end a sentence in a preposition?  That's a grammatical rule I'm not entirely in understanding of.

Anyway, today (the work day, anyway.  Who knows about the rest of the night?) is ending well.  I am thrilled not to have to sit at this desk the entire week this week although I am going to show apartments on Wednesday and Friday for some extra hours.  Work tomorrow and then sleep in a bit on Wednesday, get some blood work done and get my new glasses and contacts prescription.  I'm in a mood to Get 'Er Done (wink wink, Tiff)!

No comments:

Post a Comment