Friday, February 18, 2011

TGIF Volume II

I am pretty sure that I do not like being a showing agent for property management.  It's dirty, and uncomfortable, and you have to really pretend to like the places you're showing and there are several that I do not like.  For example, the studios that smell like cat urine.  Or the one bedroom where the guy smokes inside like a chimney.  Gross!

I will probably stick with it for awhile, because I know it will get easier once I get used to it, but I don't have to like it.

So, Phoenix was up at 4am.  I took him outside and let him wander around out there for awhile.  I don't know why his stress manifests in the middle of the night but I wish it wouldn't.  I know it's stress that's making him antsy and upsetting his stomach because there's nothing out of the ordinary that he has ingested.  Plus, yesterday all three dogs were in my room because I was the only one home and twice Nali snapped at him when he tried to get near me.  I think that really upset him.  I am very hopeful that over time they'll all get used to each other and start relaxing a bit.  Rainey is chilling out with him just a bit, and not being so bitchy with him, and he and Nali really like to play.  They're funny!  I tried to get out of showing properties today and called my boss to tell her that Phoenix was acting really weird and that I needed to take him to the vet, which was only half a lie, he was acting really weird but I wasn't going to take him to the vet.  She said that she had made an appointment and couldn't show the properties, so I called my mom and asked her to come and get him for while I was at work, and she did.  However, when I came home, the maintenance guy was here doing some work, and there were big brown splotches on the floor, and I just assumed they he'd done something.  Phoenix and I napped for awhile, and got up right before Linda came home, but when she came in she noticed a few more spots and it became obvious that the spots were definitely dog puke.  So I just spent the last hour cleaning them up.

And I just spent a lovely evening bonding with my roommates!  Details to follow tomorrow.  For now, bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment