Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Typical February Day

Two days down, three to go.  I even made it in to work this morning on time, despite the snow that fell overnight.  Granted, I left the house at 6:30am, which is a whole hour before I had to be to work.  I like that I planned ahead this time and that it paid off.  In fact, I planned so far ahead that I stayed at my parents house last night so that I didn't have to leave the house at 6am to drop Phoenix off before actually getting on the highway to go to work.  And it worked out nicely.  Normally, I'd be breathing a sigh of relief over tomorrow being a day off, so that I could sleep in a little and get some other things done that I need to get done, but I am working tomorrow!!  That, I am not excited about.  I could use a little more rest.  But I'll project to be able to go to bed a bit early tonight.  I was in bed, lights out by 8:30 last night and it was GLORIOUS.

I haven't got much to write about today.  I wrote to the girls I'm moving in with to see if I can move into the house this weekend, a little bit ahead of schedule.  I'm anxious to get moved in, and I would really like to have the extra space for all the rest of my stuff.  While I'm extremely grateful to Tiffany for letting me stay with her in the interim time during which I hadn't enough money to pay for a deposit and rent to move out of my parents house and the time when I hit the point at which I couldn't stand to be living there anymore, I'm excited to get moved and settled into my new place.  I'm even more excited to be able to use the enormous closet in my new room.  I feel like I'm edging towards being the grown-up who does her laundry in a responsible manner, once weekly, so that it doesn't pile up and pile up in laundry baskets.  I'm anxious to be that grown-up in the full capacity.

I'd also like to get Phoenix settled into the place so that he knows it's his new home.  I'm terrified to be leaving him at home all day long without people and in a new place and with other dogs he doesn't know.  But I don't have much of a choice.  I'm thrilled that I'm only working all five weekdays this one time and not all the time.  I couldn't do it.  I don't have the patience to do it, and I enjoy my freedom far too much to be tied to this desk for more than three days a week.  Obviously the extra money would be really nice, but I hope I never have to work in a job that is in a field I'm not passionate about full-time.  It's too hard for me.  I guess I'm just not one of those people who can make myself do something just for the reason that I'm obligated to do it.  I know myself well enough to know that I would never obligate myself to do something I know I couldn't stand, and so I probably never will.

I think I'm going to struggle to make it through the rest of the week, but I'm going to do the best I can to keep my head up.  If I can get enough sleep, I know I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment