Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Night!!!

Not too much to write about tonight.  My cable has stayed on, which is a delightful surprise.  I called this morning to have my free 3 month subscription to Showtime activated, and then spent the following 4 hours watching episodes from Dexter, season 5.  It is splendid.

Then I napped for like 3 hours.  Then the Oscars pre-show red-carpet shows were on, and I've been watching ever since.  I spent the first hour and a half of the show both watching, and talking to Former Bestie online.  I think she and I are going to be okay.

It's really difficult attempting to watch a show I love while trying to cook myself a substantial dinner but I was able to do it mostly during commercials.  I made tacos.  It's the first real dinner I've cooked since moving in here.

I have a funny story, though.  When their mommies are not home, the other two dogs like to hang out in my room with Phoenix and me.  I have been giving Phoenix his dinner in my room to prevent the aggressiveness that is inherent in dogs over food, and so I put his dinner bowl down in my room, knowing that the other two dogs might try to get in on it.  Nali really likes hanging out under my bed, and that's where she was when I put the bowl down.  Rainey was slowly edging nearer and nearer to Phoenix so I was shooing her away, and I heard a growl from under the bed.  It continued.  Nali slowly came out from underneath, and I was worried she was going to try to get the food, and Phoenix was obviously a little worried too, because he just froze.  Then Nali started sneering at Rainey, and then stood directly between Phoenix and Rainey while Phoenix finished eating his food.  I was FLOORED.  I have never seen dogs behave that way.  It was as though Nali knows that Phoenix is a timid personality, and she wanted to sort of mother and referee the whole situation, and she did.  I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

This week is going to be really nice weather, and I get to sleep in on Wednesday at least, so I don't think I will be as stressed out this week as I have been previously.  I do have to get up early tomorrow to take Phoenix over to my parents house to spend the day.  Normally I guess my sister would be grabbing him on her way home from dropping Z off at preschool but tomorrow she has a doctor's appointment.  I am really glad I called them to find out what the hell was going to happen, or I'd never have known that Phoenix was home alone tomorrow.  Love the communication in my family.

I'm really glad I got to cuddle with Phoenix all day today.  I can tell he's getting a little more used to living here, although he's still not quite comfortable with Nali being the alpha dog, and I am trying to help calm his nerves about it.  As for his tummy, it seems to be okay for now.  I never thought I would be so glad to see solid poo come out of a creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment