Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Don't Trust Me

Man, Colorado is a beautiful place.  I am not like the transplants who take advantage of living here, and goes hiking and skiing and snowboarding and 4-wheeling and all of that.  I spend like an hour a day outside at least come April when the weather gets nice.  I sit in the sunshine and read.  I am not much for hiking because I'd rather just go for a run or a drive through the mountains, but I don't particularly enjoy walking up a mountain trail WHILE getting a cardio workout.  But every day that I have to drive to work in Boulder, I always look at the mountains and think about how lucky I am to get to see something so beautiful almost every single day.

I was thinking on my drive to work that there was something I wanted to address in the blog today, but now I can't remember what it was.  I know it had something to do with feeling good and being grateful.  Which is something that is becoming more and more common an occurrence.  But I remember thinking that I wanted to address it today.

I start moving my things into my new house on Saturday!  I have worked it out with my future roommate/landlord to pay for everything with my tax return and next paycheck.  But it's supposed to be warm this weekend and so I'm going to take advantage of some time off and the great weather and move in!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I have once again re-joined the notorious free dating website I used previously.  I'm in a better place mentally to be able to handle the rejection that will inevitably pop up.

I stopped and got donuts on the way to work this morning.  That incalculably brightened my day.  It's Wednesday.  I had to work today.  That was enough to make me want to puke (not because I hate my job but because I hate having to work 5 days in a row).  I was doing really well, mood-wise, the first 6 and a half hours, but now I feel like my mood has taken a nose-dive.  I can't think of one real reason that my mood would change at all, but it has.  I just want to go home and crawl under the covers and sleep until tomorrow. 

But I can't.  I have to take the online Jeopardy test tonight, and it's only offered once a year.  I'll have to wait to sleep until this weekend.  If I make it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment