Thursday, February 17, 2011

Natural Obstacles

I think I have bonded with my boss.  This is a very good thing because it will make it that much harder for her to fire me if I should ever do something that makes her unhappy with my performance at work.  And if we have bonded, I think it will be that much harder for her to find something that I do unsatisfactory.  None of this is to say that I can do no wrong or that she will never fire me, but I am glad that she has a positive opinion of me, and I think that she considers me to be reliable and that is something I was striving for with this job.  I do feel better about being able to confide in her about the quirks of this job that annoy me on a day-to-day basis.

Also with regards to my job, I am rapidly losing my patience reserves for people who ask stupid questions or try to make me think that I'm wrong when I'm not.  I try VERY HARD to keep calm and remember that people cannot read my mind and aren't privy to the information I am privy to.  Every day, I do the best I can to be polite and kind to the people that come in and out of my building.  I am having a VERY DIFFICULT time remaining polite and kind today.  And if you'll recall from a blog I wrote on Tuesday, I also had difficulty keeping my cool then, as well.

I often find it very difficult to maintain a positive attitude, yet I find it even more difficult to let my attitude become altogether negative.  I never know what the next day may bring, and I often look forward to the surprise.  I have fleeting moments of uncertainty, but I allow them to come into me and leave me entirely naturally.  The move and the responsibility of my job showing apartments is stressing me out, but not so much that it's disturbing my mood much.

I can't seem to get enough sleep or enough rest.  I feel quite exhausted just about all the time.  I'm looking forward to this weekend and getting an opportunity to not really have any obligations.  I feel like it's been awhile since I haven't had one plan or another for things I have to do or people I have to see.  Jen and I have plans to get mani/pedis, but that's it.  And because I ran all my errands and paid all my bills yesterday, I freed up the weekend nicely for myself.  I hope to get some cleaning done and some relaxing done.  Cable is scheduled to be hooked up on Sunday afternoon.  Hopefully by Monday I'll feel re-energized enough to get through next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment