Thursday, July 7, 2011

Uneventful Day

Not much to note today.  Woke up at 11.  Did some more laundry, watched some TV.  Took a nap.  Went over to my parents house around 3.  Took the boys with me to Sprouts for salsa ingredients.  Went back and made salsa, and delicious guacamole.  Apparently my dad had court today, and I think it was from my sister's ex-husband's mother suing him for damages, which are the cost of the hospital visit she had after the altercation in August.  I don't know what exactly happened, or what was supposed to happen, but he is not happy.  I asked him how it went and he said, "No..." and so I told him okay, I wouldn't push it.  But he's not doing well.  I'm sure I can find out from my mom over the weekend, but I know I'm not going to like what I'm hearing.  Luckily for my dad, he's probably not going to go forward in his life with any kind of new job or career path that will be affected by whatever is on his criminal record.  But whatever happened pissed him off, and took quite awhile.  So I'm a little worried.

My purple heels for Kate's wedding came in today.  They're so pretty!!  And so uncomfortable.  But I think they'll go really nicely with the dress and I plan to wear the crap out of them.  I accidentally left them at my parents house, so I'll get them tomorrow.

Other than the couple of hours of thunderstorms we had this afternoon, which were GLORIOUS, that's it for today.  I've got a full tummy, I've got a little money left for vegetables and fish and chicken for the next week of meals until I get paid again, and I'm in a decent mood.  Work tomorrow, but I have the weekend after that.  This little break I'm getting in transition between working and going to school and just working is really nice.  I feel pretty relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment