Saturday, July 23, 2011

And Pleasantly Surprised I Am

Today was pleasant.  I would very much like to leave it at that.  I set my alarm to get up so that Z and I could go running before the heat really set in.  I got over there just after 10am.  We left around 10:30am, and got back around 11:30am, and went 3.16 miles.  We went further than the usual 1 mile point, to the area behind the Westminster Rec Center, where there's a pond for fishing.  We saw a huge fish that was sitting at the surface of the pond, that looked like a shark.  We'd brought a fruit roll-up for Z, and we sat with our feet in the water, talking and giggling while he ate it, and Phoenix played in the water, and then Z got in the water for a few minutes, and then went on our way.  I had an absolute blast.  It was completely wonderful.  After we got home, I sat and hung out with my mom and the kiddos while they swam in the kiddie-pool (and Grammy got sprayed in the face by an extremely misbehaved Z), and after they all had lunch and went down for naps, I took all three dogs to the dog park.  Poor Duke is so injured that we only stayed about 20 minutes, and I did the best I could so that he wouldn't be over-using his knees too much, but I am glad I took him and he and Lucky definitely had a good time.

We got home, and just relaxed for awhile before the kids got up.  After they got up, their dad was coming to get them, so we just sort of chilled for an hour while my mom got them ready and everything.  Then they left!  I sat with my parents, talking on the deck and having drinks for about 45 minutes before my little sister got there.  My dad usually has the job of cutting the vegetables for grilling, but to save my mom the extra work, I did that, and I was the one who ended up grilling the veggies and the steaks, and I did a great job!  Dinner was fantastic.  Both my sister and I stuck around talking after dinner was cleaned up and while our parents ran to the grocery store, just sitting outside talking.  The weather was amazing.  Hot, but perfect for the evening-time.  Phoenix and I got home a little under an hour ago.  I am totally exhausted.  I had enough energy to run 3 miles, and to go to the dog park, and to help with the kids and dinner, but I feel totally drained now.  I put off the cleanse until tomorrow, when  I am under no obligation to take anyone for a run/bike ride, and when I don't have to be around anyone with food or who needs anything from me.  I think it will work out better this way.  I'm considering getting up before or around dawn to go for a nice, cool, run so that I keep my conditioning up, but we'll see.  Maybe I'll set my alarm and see how I feel when I wake up to it.  I'm really motivated to keep my conditioning up and am worried that if I don't run tomorrow I'll really be feeling it on Tuesday.   But for certain, if I don't run tomorrow, I'll do a whole lot of resistance work in my bedroom.  Maybe it will be cooler.  But that's it for now.  Just.  Plain.  Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment