Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Cleanse. Success?

Holy cow I am tired.  I got up before 9am today, went to my parents house, got Z and took him on my two-mile run.  We stopped at the bridge and played in the water for about 15 minutes and then turned around and went back.  He did really well!  I'm not surprised, because he did incredibly well on Thursday, too.  It's just kind of refreshing to be able to do something with him and not have it be a big song and dance.

After we got home, I had to spend a few minutes rehydrating and drying off because I was literally DRIPPING with sweat, and then I took Phoenix and Lucky to the dog park.  That was HOT.  Lucky was thrilled, Phoenix was kind of over the whole thing after having been on the run, but I love being there so we stayed for about 45 minutes.  When we got home, the kids were playing on a slip'n'slide that had a little pool at the end, and Z wanted to show me how he could go down it, and then it was lunchtime and the game was on.  So I sat and watched everyone eat and drooled over the food that I couldn't eat because I'm cleansing today.  I have actually done really well with the cleanse, I'm surprised.  I only just now had a major craving that I had to allow to pass.  I can eat again tomorrow.  I just fell asleep and I seem to be really hungry when I wake up in the afternoon and it's hot.

Tomorrow night I'm going to have grilled chicken and veggies for dinner, and I'm looking forward to it.  A lot.  Trying to visualize how healthy my cells are getting.  It's not working too well, but it's all I've got.  Once I finish today's writing I'm going to do some pushups and ab stuff and then hop in the shower and get into bed so I can stop thinking about all the delicious solid food I can't eat.  I'm not sure this is worth it...

Oh, I'm pretty disappointed about the outcome of the Women's World Cup final today - US vs. Japan.  I feel like the US dominated the game, and it was just a fluke that Japan scored at all.  And then the penalty shots were a disaster.  Pure luck that the Japanese keeper got a foot on the first one, and totally unbelievable that Carly Lloyd missed the second shot.  After how well they played, I feel like second place is a gyp.  Not fair.

Okay, I need to get going on my way to bed.  I'm going nuts not being able to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment