Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's Hot Out There for a Pimp

Welp, it's almost 11pm and it's hot.  I guess it was in the upper 90's today.  I was able to mostly stay pretty cool.  Phoenix and I didn't get going until about 2pm today, although I got up at 11am.  I just didn't feel like doing anything until 2 I guess.  We went to my parents house right as the kids were getting up from their naps.  I had promised Z he could go on my run with me again today, and he was like REALLY looking forward to it, but apparently my sister was taking all the kids to a barbecue after she got done with work, so I couldn't take him.  They all left, and Phoenix and I did the run, where the stopping point is a bridge that goes over the creek, actually a continuation of the creek that runs behind my parents house.  Phoenix actually had to swim a little because of the extreme heat and a misestimation of the depth of the water.  I was really proud!!  I took my shoes and socks off to try to cool off with him, but the water was pretty warm, so I sat with my feet in the water for a few minutes, and a tiny crayfish crawled over my foot.  I sat there for a little while longer and watched the multi-sized crayfish swim around.  They're cute, and they look yummy.  Made me want to eat some shrimp.

We ran home, and sat talking with my family until dinner, ate dinner, and then went with the family to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.  I was really pleased, although I haven't read the 7th book in about a year so I know I was missing some details, but from that perspective, I thought it was really good.  I thought it hit most of the really important details.  And I didn't cry!!  I teared up a couple of times, but I composed myself.  I'm actually really proud of myself for not crying - it means that I'm learning how to gain control over my emotions.  Next step - not crying during the actual ceremony at Kate's wedding.  Oh, and we saw the movie in 3D on the IMAX screen.  It was fantastic!!  I'm not big on seeing movies in 3D now that that's a thing, but this was really awesome.  I was impressed.

I promised Z I would take him on the run tomorrow instead, because he was SO disappointed when he got back from the barbecue and I wasn't home.  So in order to attempt to beat the heat tomorrow, we're going to go in the AM, and then I'm going to take Phoenix and Lucky to the dog park.  Then the US women's game is on, so I'm hoping to make it through all that stuff before the game so I can go home and crash.  I'm cleansing tomorrow so I'm a little nervous about my energy levels for the run, but I know that if I can go home and do nothing for the later part of the day tomorrow I'll be okay.

So now it's time for bed since I need to get going on the early side tomorrow morning.  But, ahhh.  I'm feeling pretty satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment