Friday, July 1, 2011

Deep Breath....

Welp, I'm pretty much done.  My part of the presentation is finished.  I'm not really that worried about the flow and cohesiveness.  My stuff is great.  I've participated in the last discussion for the online class.  We have 4 hours to do the final, which is in essay format, but she gave us an extra day for it.  I still plan to do it today, but now I'm not feeling quite so flustered about it.

And then that's that.  People keep asking me if I have plans for the long weekend, which I don't, but it's wonderful.  Come Monday (Tuesday), I don't have to worry about a ton of homework.  I have 7 weeks off.  However, I'd really like to get the whole Harry Potter series re-read before the 2nd part of the 7th movie comes out (which I'm sure my family will be seeing at the midnight showing), so that's my newest short-term goal.  It averages out to 1 book every 2 days, but they're quick reads.  And I will have about 30 hours each week to do nothing but read if I want to.  If I don't finish, that's okay too.

So I'm congratulating myself on a job well done by getting myself sushi for dinner, and then I will go hang out with my mom and the kiddos for awhile before heading back home to do the test and then sleep in tomorrow.  I'm obviously way excited about making it through the last 5 weeks.  I wish I could have a party for myself to also congratulate myself on getting up every Monday through every Friday, and getting ready for work, being on time (with the exception of 1 day that I was 15 minutes late), and not calling in or asking for time off.  25 days.  That's a new record for me. 

On another note, I saw an article on summer SAD today.  I have always wondered if I didn't have backwards SAD because I tend to do really well during the winter and then get really bad during the summer.  Which never made sense to me because I love the summer.  Or I think I am supposed to love the summer.  I really do, though.  I love keeping the windows open all night, and being able to sit outside until 8 or 9pm, swimming and just being able to have a better relationship with the outdoors.  And I seem to be doing really well this year, although I think being in school has had an affect on me in some way.

Anyway, I am feeling happy and relaxed.  The next few days I will not allow myself to feel guilty for not doing something I should be doing.  I'm going to just do the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment