Thursday, July 21, 2011

Smile Thursdays

Man, today was exhausting.  I didn't get up until about 10:45 this morning, and didn't get over to my parents house until after 2pm.  I managed to make it over there during nap time.  It was HOT at that point, and Z was asleep, so I just sat and talked with my mom for a little while, and my dad for a little while before waking Z up to go for our run.  I got him up right about the same time a horrible smell permeated the house.  Turns out that was the baby, all the way downstairs in the back of the basement, having woken herself up with explosive diarrhea, the smell of which somehow made all the way up the stairs.  The poor baby is so sick.  She's still got a fever, she won't eat and she was getting fluids this morning, but wouldn't drink a thing after her nap.  We're hoping that she will wake up feeling better in the morning, assuming she sleeps, but that probably won't happen.  It's pretty concerning.

So Z and I had to wait to go for the run until after my mom was able to get everything cleaned up.  And the run was hard today!!  I felt so tired!  I have no idea why!  But with Z riding so far ahead of me, I had no choice but to try to keep up.  That's why I love taking him.  We didn't leave until after 3, though, and I had an appointment to get my Lupron shot at 4, so we were definitely late.  And I say we, because I brought the boys with me, because they wanted to see me get a shot and not cry.  They behaved SO WELL.  They whispered in the office, they were polite and sweet and cute.  They each got a sucker, and two stickers, and they suggested that I should get a sucker for not crying.  So I took one.  I was so proud of them.

We stopped at Target to find some Pedialite for the baby, and I let them take me up and down every single toy isle and show me all the cool stuff they wanted.  Then they proceeded to cross their arms over their chests  and proclaim how unfair it was that I wouldn't buy them any toys.  They actually were mad!  I found that pretty cute, and also slightly concerning, because my parents have pretty much been buying them toys every time they accompany them to the store for awhile now.  So maybe this was good for them.

We got home just in time for dinner, and in order to let my mom get the baby bathed and in bed without the boys in the way, I took them to Hobby Lobby.  I didn't actually NEED anything there, but I wanted to look for some stuff, and I figured it would be good to get them out of my mom's hair.

By the time we got home, I was so annoyed with them.  I just got tired of them asking me inane questions, I guess.  And hanging onto my legs.  I stuck around the house to get them in the bath, washed, and in jammies and watching their evening Justice League episodes before stories and bed.  I guess I was feeling very charitable towards my mom since my dad can't really help out much now that he's on crutches.  Although it was actually much nicer today that he was just sitting around, because the baby could just lay with him quietly and watch everything that was going on, since she had no energy to do anything else.

I made it home, finally, after 8, and sat and watched TV and did my ab workouts over the last couple of hours.  I need to get into the shower now, though.  Tomorrow's going to be a challenge, I think, because I am still following the cleanse, with two shakes a day and the supplements and the water and one meal, but it seems to be a lot more frustrating for me when I'm at work for whatever reason.  It's not like I sat there all day stuffing my face, and I sometimes didn't eat at all before this.  I think that my mind is just simply ON food right now, and not having it and not being able to attain it is upsetting me.

Otherwise, I feel pretty good.  I bought myself some sparkling water to make up for the lack of carbonated beverages I so love but cannot have, and dinner was small but satisfying (hot dogs - but Hebrew Nationals for me - and potato salad).  I feel like I helped my mom out a lot today and I feel really good about that.  I love spending time with the boys, and as hard as it can be to spend so much time with them and not get annoyed, I think I am getting better at having more patience with them, and I know that I have eons more patience with them than their mom has.  She yells at the drop of a hat.  I also got my workout in, which I needed, and the weather was pretty pleasant today.  No big complaints.  Now it's time for bed, and I'm going to need every ounce of virtue I have to get through tomorrow without killing someone or doing something to get myself fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment