Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ecstasy

Wooooo! Officially done with that term of summer school! The criminology final was three essay questions, applying a criminal act (serial murder, female crime, white-collar crime) to any of the theories we learned. Because we had to do assignments applying certain theories to particular case-studies at least a couple time each week, this final was really easy. And I'd have to have not even done the final at all in order to get anything less than an A in the class, and I'm nearly certain I'll get a low A at the very least on the final. It was an interesting class. Not entirely what I thought it would be, but very interesting.

I spent the rest of the day at my parents house hanging out wig the family, which actually didn't end great. I then had drinks with a buddy that I met in EMT school a couple years ago. He's a great guy. Laid back but driven. And funny. So that was fun. I've been steadily drinking since I woke up at 3am with a headache. I got up this morning around 10am so I could watch the USA Women's World Cup game, and drank champagne through it. I actually had some champagne when I got up at 3am, along with my 2nd sushi role that I didn't eat for dinner. It was AWESOME. I am beyond thrilled to be an adult just after that.

And although I have the time to think and write something introspective, I'm drunk and tired. And watching Beetlejuice. Perhaps I can write something subtantial tomorrow instead. Suffice it to say that today I learned that I need to keep my distance from my family. No matter how awesome I'm feeling (and that's AWESEOME right now), they'll always figure out how to bring me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment