Monday, March 7, 2011

I Must Have Been REAL Relaxed

I straight up forgot to post yesterday!  It's not like I was super busy, or really preoccupied, I just didn't do it.  I think I may have had a fleeting thought about it as I was falling asleep last night, but apparently it wasn't enough to get me out of bed to actually write.  This disappoints me.

However, it's not as though I simply chose not to write, or had an opportunity, thought about it, and then decided not to do it.  So I guess that makes it less ridiculous.

Yesterday was a good day, overall.  The dogs got me up around 7 to go outside, and then Phoenix and I went back to bed until 10.  I made myself french toast for breakfast (YUM!) and set to work doing the things I wanted to get done.  I cleaned the bathroom, which mostly consisted of vacuuming the floor, I finished cleaning the carpet in the spots that Phoenix had his explosions a couple weeks ago, plus a spot that Rainey peed on a couple weeks ago, I threw in a load of laundry (I had like three to do, but only did one), and vacuumed my bedroom.  The only thing I meant to do yesterday but didn't get around to doing was putting all my laundry away.  I have two laundry baskets full of clean clothes sitting on the floor in front of my closet, we all know how much I despise putting away clean laundry, so I just didn't do it.  I might get it done tonight, since Phoenix is staying at my parents house.  The rest of the day I spent napping, and around 4 I got up and got started cooking another batch of dog food for Phoenix.  He really likes it, and it's extra bland, low-fat and full of good stuff.  It's a couple of pounds of hamburger meat (at least 90% lean), a couple of cups of rice, a potato diced and a couple cups of frozen mixed veggies (lima beans, carrots, corn, peas and green beans).  I did it mostly because we're going to run out of canned food and I don't have enough money to buy more until next week, but partly because it's really great for his super-sensitive digestion.  I throw a couple of tablespoons of canned pumpkin in for fiber and voila!  He snarfs it like it's going out of style.  I've even tried it and for being bland, it's not bad at all!  I literally throw all the ingredients into a pot or pan, and throw three cups of water in and just let it cook for a couple of hours until the potatoes are mushy.  Cost-wise, it's pretty comparable to the canned food and my parents buy the hamburger in bulk at cost so it's a bit cheaper, too.  Plus, I really don't mind doing it at all.

I'm almost totally caught up on Shameless.  It's a great show, it's sort of an out-of-control-crazy mishmash of characters whose integrity is constantly at odds with their morals.  The acting is very well done and it's very well-written.  I'd like to see it succeed.  I feel sort of addicted to it.  Like, it's hard for me to get done with one episode and not want to turn the next one on, even though it was 10pm last night and I knew I was getting up earlier this morning to take Phoenix to my parents' house and I needed to go to sleep, I had to literally argue myself out of watching another hour-long episode.  GOD I love good TV.

So that about covers yesterday.  If nothing else, I guess posting twice the days after I forget will make up for the lost post.  Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment